Skip to main content

School Accountability Report Cards

School Accountability Report Cards

If you wish a printed copy of a SARC, please ask your school office manager and one will be provided for you.  

Since November 1988, State law has required all public schools receiving state funding to prepare and distribute a School Accountability Report Card (SARC). Families who wish to receive a personal copy of the SARC report for their school may contact the Ed. Services Department at or by calling 925-335-5937. The purpose of the report card is to provide parents and the community with important information about each public school. A SARC can be an effective way for a school to report on its progress in achieving goals. The public may also use a SARC to evaluate and compare schools on a variety of indicators.

Although there is great variation in the design of school report cards, they generally begin with a profile that provides background information about the school and its students. The profile usually summarizes the school's mission, goals, and accomplishments. State law requires that the SARC contain all of the following:

  • Demographic data
  • School safety and climate for learning information
  • Academic data
  • School completion rates
  • Class sizes
  • Teacher and staff information
  • Curriculum and instruction descriptions
  • Post-secondary preparation information
  • Fiscal and expenditure data

These links are to Martinez Unified School District SARC reports from the 2022-2023 school year, published on January 30, 2024:

If you wish for a printed copy of a SARC, please contact the Educational Services department, and one will be provided for you. 

By February 1 of each year, every school in California is required by state law to publish a School Accountability Report Card (SARC). The SARC contains information about the condition and performance of each California public school.  The information provided is primarily from the 2022-23 school year.  The SARCs were approved at the 1/29/2024 Board of Education meeting and have been updated on district and school websites.  A paper copy will be provided upon request.

A hard copy can be requested from your child's school or district.