COVID-19 Symptoms (e.g., fever, dry cough, sore throat, diarrhea, runny nose, headache, loss of taste or smell, difficulty breathing)
- Send home and recommend contact with primary care provider for recommendations regarding need for testing.
- If negative COVID-19 test result or COVID-19 is ruled out by primary care provider, can return 24 ours after fever resolves and symptoms have improved.
COVID-19 Positive test result requires isolation (with or without symptoms)
- Must isolate at home for at least 5 days from date of positive COVID test (date of positive test is considered day 0).
- No longer need to isolate after day 5 if symptoms are not present, or are mild and improving; AND fever free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication)
- If you end isolation after day 5 wear a well-fitted mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially indoors.
CCHS Non High-Risk Setting Guidance for Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 Cases