WHAT IS CTE?
Career & Technical Education provides students of all ages with the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers.
CTE prepares these learners for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies and makes academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context.
In Other Words…
- CTE educates students on a range of high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand jobs.
- CTE integrates with academics in a rigorous, relevant curriculum
- CTE forms partnerships to allow high school students to learn in the field and earn certifications (internships, worked-based learning, dual enrollment)
- CTE prepares students to be college and career ready
What Research Says About CTE:
- High school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
- CTE fosters postsecondary completion and prepares students and adults for in-demand careers.
- Investing in CTE yields big returns for state economies.
- CTE addresses the needs of high-growth industries and helps close the skills gap.
MORE AHS CAREER PATHWAYS INFORMATION
CLICK HERE for more information.